Thursday, September 20, 2012
I started this project way back in June - note to self "do not start a new project in the summer" ... I finally finished it! I wasn't working from a pattern and whilst I had a vague idea how I wanted the finished project to look it wasn't all that easy getting there ... the dresden plate and stitchery were the easy parts. The fabric for the dresden plate and the leaves was a Bargain Lovers Club package from Sew Sisters. After seeing some "painting with thread" I chose that idea for the stem and the grass at the bottom and for the leaves I tried some reverse applique with straight stitching rather than satin stitching. My thanks to Abbie and the inspiration she provided for the reverse applique. I was the lucky winner of her book 'Pile and Plunder' on a Blog Hop this past winter. Now if only I'd mastered stippling.....
Now that you've seen this you'll know why I'm not a designer.