Monday, January 21, 2013

a couple of finishes and a thank you ....

A couple of finishes to show off share ....

I stitched this one at the cottage last summer.  Often I'll stitch a design that I really like but with no purpose in mind.  I don't call them UFOs  ... it's nice to have a few of them on hand to turn into a gift bag or whatever; this one was calling out to be a candle mat or wee table mat.


This is the first needle book that I've made since 4H and that one was made entirely from felt with the 4H emblem outline stitched on the cover and blanket stitch around the entire edge.  The wee mouse pincushion has a yoyo and a sweet button to sit on - I was thrilled that my fussy cut actually worked out for her face....sometimes I succeed! 

I'd like to thank Joanna for the delightful Proud Canadian Blogger button ... it's so spiffy!

9 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats on your finishes :)

Anne said...

Very lovely finishes Kate. Cute little mouse!! :)

Anthea said...

Oh indeed Kate, the mouse is super-cute, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who still has things made so long ago... they are real treasures!

Valma said...

ho my , never a week without a mouse or a butterfly here =D
So super cute ! of course I love
and your needle book make me think about Spring and Summer, haaaaa, it's great with the 20cm of snow we have outside !! =D
Very well done of these 3 pieces
big hugs
xxx

Carol said...

Oh, they are all so cute, Kate! I've never made a needlebook, but just received my first one for my birthday... The little mouse is so adorable--I much prefer that kind of mouse to the kind we've been finding in our attic lately!

suzitee said...

Your finishes are just lovely...your mouse is adorable! Thanks so much for visiting me...your blog is a great place to visit, and I'm so glad I could visit you back ;) I am your newest follower!

Sharon said...

I'm trying to catch up again on blog reading and love all your adorable projects you've made! Love the knitting too!

Janet said...

What a beautiful message on your needlepoint, very well done. :)

Shari said...

Great finishes... love the little mouse.