Saturday, January 12, 2013

bunnies, butterflies .... and knitting?

This wee bunny and butterfly caught my eye and I simply had to stitch them....

You'll find the chart here.

I quite surprised myself the other day when I picked up a pair of knitting needles and a ball of yarn and made this..... 

 I haven't knitted for years ages but when I spotted the crocheted  and knitted version of this neck wrap over at Fiberflux I knew I had to make one ... I preferred the knitted version and the pattern was so easy.  Mind you, when I was finished I had to look up how to cast off ... for the life of me I couldn't remember how.  I used yarn that I had on hand and the colour works perfectly with my winter jackets. 

10 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Great little rabbit & butterfly little cushion, it's very pretty!!

Robin said...

I love the color you used for the bunny it looks so sweet. I've never learned how to knit but would love to learn some day as I love your neck wrap.

Robin

Anne said...

Cute little rabbit and butterfly ornament! Thanks for the link. Nice finish with the buttons too! Your neck wrap is pretty. I crocheted a little the other day, but sure not as quick as I used to be. :)

Annabella said...

Well knitting is my nemesis but I just love what you made and the bunny and butterfly are beautiful too!

Simone de Klerk said...

Love the little stitchery. Thank you for the link. The butterfly is so tender.
I started picking up knitting needles this week. Even having fun with it.
Love what you made.

Valma said...

such a cute little piece you made, wit h a tiny butterfly =)
and your neck wrap...another creation that makes me regretting not to know how to knit or crochet =D
Very well done
big hugs
xxx

Carol said...

I do love that bunny pillow, Kate--very sweet. That's a toasty looking neck wrap, too--love the color of yarn!

Karen said...

I tried knitting once. For the health and safety of my family, I had to step away from the needles. I am in awe of anyone who can work those needles! Good job!

♥ Nia said...

Lovely bunny!! =)
hugs&smiles

Anthea said...

Kate you do find the sweetest cross stitch designs! Thanks for the link...
Well done on the knitting - that's funny about the casting off! x