Tuesday, January 15, 2013

time flies

This time last year I published my first blog post -  wow, time flies when you're having fun!  I enjoy reading blogs and I created one only to satisfy myself that I could - to prove to myself that this old dog could learn new tricks - I really didn't know what I'd blog about or if I'd even continue to blog.  I've learned what I like and dislike about blogs and I know that I still have some fine tuning to do.

I am grateful to all my followers, to everyone who reads my blog, and to all of you who comment - I appreciate you ... without you this would be 'Dear Diary'.  This is where I'm supposed to have a giveaway - right? - but you all deserve a gift.   Unfortunately, I'm not a designer so I can't even offer a free design.  I can only offer you my gratitude.  In honour of all of you I made these mug rugs that will be used regularly as a constant reminder of your kindness and friendship.   Blogland is rather awesome!

"Life is too short to go through it alone."





 



12 comments:

Anthea said...

Aaawww Kate, the mug rugs are so gorgeous! I think that the best giveaway you could have is to just keep blogging and showing us your cross stitching and other great creations, and also your stunning nature pics.
Congrats on one year of blogging, I hope you continue to enjoy it and more importantly, continue to enjoy your crafting... you never know where this blogging gig will take you!! x

Robin said...

those are both so cute, keep on a blogging.

Robin in Washington State
assweetaspeaches hotmail

Anne said...

I agree Kate, blogging would be Dear Diary if we didn't have comments, but I have thought about it! :) Love your mug rugs, especially the little mouse - You make my day!! :) Happy Day to you on your Blogoversary!!

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Congratulations! I think I have been with you since day one. Please keep on going, I love reading your posts

HUGS from down under

Linda

Pull the other thread said...

Well done on reaching a year of blogging. Lovely little mug rugs, super cute. Keep up the good blogging work.

Valma said...

What ? How ? Why ? no ! impossible...
what do I read ? ...'I really didn't know what I'd blog about or if I'd even continue to blog'
beware sweetie, I'm French and with strong emotions =D
If you stop blogging I can't forecast what may happen to you =D
Hehehehe
no, seriously , I'm so happy to have found you through the blogosphere !
And today you show me mice !!!! Such cute and lovely mice =D
blogs are not only for crafting, they are for sharing too
I can't pronounce the name of the area where you live (=D) but I can pronounce friendship and you're part of this area of my cyber life =D
Biiiiig hugs
xxxx

Carol said...

Congratulations on your one year blogoversary, Kate!! I, like you, only started my blog to keep track of my finishes. Who knew it would lead to friendships all over the world?

Your mug mats are so cute--I think you must have a "thing" for mice :)

Mii Stitch said...

Awww cute! Happy Blogaversary!!!

Ana Love Craft said...

Congratulations dear Kate!!! I enjoy your blog, your crafts and your kindness on my blog! Enjoy blogging!!! Your mug rugs are adorable, the red mouse is SO SWEET!!!
Have a great week!

Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

sew.darn.quilt said...

It's not about giveaways, that's just icing on the cake! It's about the experience of sharing and being able to connect with folks that have the same interests and know that a seam ripper is not a fart! Like me, you live in a small community and blogland offers us the chance to be a part of the big world without having to physically trek the miles/kilometers to get to civilization. Keep on blogging and stitching cuz we need you at the virtual table with your cuppa pleasure :D
Where did you get your mouse from? She's so darn cute;)

Tangos Treasures said...

Congratulations on 1 year!!!!
Mugs rugs are too cute!!!

Annabella said...

Yea - happy blogerversary! the mug rugs are cute!