Thursday, March 6, 2014

a mouse in the house!

There's a new mouse in the house and she's settled herself in the Spring Basket - here she is posing alone.




This book was a good an excellent read!!   I'd spent so much time in the sewing room this winter that I decided to surface to the sunshine-filled living room and read this book for a few afternoons.





And I finally have a finish to share .....  It took me awhile to come up with a finish with which I was satisfied - this poor Nigel has been 'through the mill' whilst I fiddled with ideas.  I neglected to take a photo of the backing which features a squirrel - he'll never be alone.


In our neck of the woods March is usually fickle and not to be trusted.  The month came in like a lion - according to the weather guys (does extreme cold count as lion like?)  - so we can hope it will go out like a lamb.  This week saw a warm up but with more snow ... it's encouraging.  Unfortunately, the long range forecast is for spring to show up about mid April - Mother Nature is mean this year. 







5 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Hi Kate! Your little mouse is just so so cute!!! I wouldn't mind having this type of mouse in my house :D The little squirrel finish is really sweet too, the colours are fantastic. Well done!!

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Kate! How lovely the little mouse and the squirrel! I love read at least an half a hour before raise up :) I saw on TV amazing news about weather in Canada, so many snow...
Hope you have a fabulous weekend.
Hugs from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Anthea said...

Hi Kate - oh the Mouse & Nigel are super-cute, well done, I love them!!
Yes Mother Nature is throwing out some interesting weather patterns lately... guess we just have to make the best of wherever we are, huh?!

Carol said...

Your new critters are so cute, Kate! Your weather sounds like ours--it is going up to 60 tomorrow and then we're due for more snow on Wednesday... Crazy :)

Valma said...

hoooooooo, two of my friends here, and they are so cute :D
Cute cute mouse and this finish of Nigel is splendid
very well done
it's funny, my Grandma says the same about March =D
But here it's the contrary....it came in like a lamb (I said sheep somewhere else instead of lamb :D) and we hope it won't go out like a lion !!!
but Mum always says that when I was born there was lot's of snow....so maybe we will see some flakes !
we are having a real spring sun those days and we enjoy =)
incredible, 20° on Sunday, here in the North of France !!! =)
big big hugs
xxx