Friday, June 20, 2014

this and that

Are you familiar with Citrus Vinegar?  Curiosity got the best of me and I tried it out - I'm impressed!  I put the peel from a couple of oranges into a litre of white vinegar (in a jar with a lid)  and left it for two weeks, shaking it occasionally  - dilute it 1:1 with water or not - I didn't.






In cottage country there is a hunting and fishing lodge, Harvest Lodge, that serves a creamy chicken with wild rice soup that is to die for absolutely delicious!  You can check them out here and here.



Morning has broken ..............

I couldn't decide which one to post so you're getting both of them! 


And last but not least some Wave Pansies - I'd never seen cascading pansies before but I'm loving these fragrant ones.

Now just in case you think I've been living the life of riley at the cabin and doing nothing else  - I made this for a good friend for her b.d. .... not sure what she can use it for but perhaps it'll make a good bookmark.  Did I mention that she enjoys wine?  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Lovely stitching!
Those pansies are beautiful!
I didn't know about citrus vinegar either - thanks for the info!
Happy weekend.

Carol said...

Oh, what fun to wake up to a sunrise as beautiful as that, Kate!! I would love to live on a lake some day--even more so than near the ocean...

Good tip on the citrus vinegar--glad it worked and I hope your friend enjoys the cute little wine bookmark :)

Enjoy your summer!

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Kate, beautiful pics!!! Thanks for sharing the citrus vinegar tip, the amazing sunset, the lovely bookmark and the delicate pansies looove them!
I have a giveaway on my blog to celebrate my 500 followers and I would like that you participate on it :)
Hope you have a lovely summer time!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Marni @ Haberdashery Fun said...

The citrus vinegar sounds awesome! I think I'm going to try it out.