Thursday, March 5, 2015

French vintage ....

 March has arrived, the days are longer, the sun is shining again, and it feels like spring could be  just around the corner!

This is my French vintage cushion cover .....

using a graphic from The Graphics Fairy.  I ironed some freezer paper to a piece of  ivory Kona , trimmed it to 8½x11, and printed the graphic directly onto the fabric.  After removing the freezer paper I soaked the printed fabric in some vinegar for a few minutes (and no ink ran), dried it, pressed it, and began sewing with dropcloth.  How easy is that!?!?!?!

And speaking of vintage ........ hmm, looks like it was wash day.  ^^



Do you remember the bouquet of fabric that I  posted about here - well, here it is in all it's beauty pressed and folded for you to see  ....

11 comments:

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Kate! Lovely pillow! Great work! Such beautiful fabrics! Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Brigitte said...

Your pillow is looking gorgeous. A very creative idea.

Timi said...

The cushion cover looks great! I like it! :o)
Is that you on the photo? You are so cute!!!
Spring has arrived here, too! At last! :o)

Mii Stitch said...

Great cushion cover!
Is this you on the picture?? So cute!!!

Irene said...

che cuscino meraviglioso! anche qui è arrivata la primavera ma con tanto vento

Helen Philipps said...

Your French vintage cushion cover looks so lovely! What a great make!
Happy weekend!
Helen xox

Anthea said...

Lovely pillow Kate.
And congrats on your win - I saw it on the blog you won it from - they're great prints - seems to me they are not your usual style?
Enjoy them all!x

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Graphics Fairy! There's always something wonderful there. Your FQs look so terrific pressed and fanned out. I can see that it was a wonderful win!

Carol said...

That pillow is so special, Kate! I will have to check out the Graphics Fairy's site... Can't wait to see what you do with all those cheery fabrics--enjoy!

Beedeebabee said...

What a beautiful pillow! I love how you transferred that great design! :)

Jo said...

I love you cushion, and you make it sound so easy to do......might have to try it.