Friday, January 15, 2016

a spot of colour ....

We're having a January cold snap just now but Lady Geranium has given us a spot of colour to ease the pain.    Before Christmas I counted 9 stems of flowers and then she took a wee break perhaps to let the poinsettia show her stuff. ^^  The small ones to the left of the pot were tiny little slips in October and they're looking so happy now - looks like we'll have lots of geraniums for spring planting. These ladies handle the extremes in weather quite well and bloom constantly outdoors .... I like that.




Yesterday the snow was all sparkly and I managed to get this photo of it .....
Should I mention that I took this in my jammies outside in the cold - and just got back inside when a neighbour drove by.  ^^


6 comments:

Carol said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who runs outside in my pj's to snap snow or wildlife photos :) Really nice to have that blooming geranium in the heart of winter, Kate! Stay warm!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful colour your geranium is giving you. Brr makes me cold just thinking about your photo snap but great picture of the white fluffy stuff.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your geranium is beautiful. I have mine wintering in the garage and the leaves are a very lush green, but I don't have any buds on them. I really like your snow picture. Stay warm!

KERYN B said...

The snow looks really beautiful and so nice to see the geranium in flower. A little different to our 106 degree day a few days ago.

Needled Mom said...

Such a joy to see the pretty flowers in the winter!

Brigitte said...

So wonderful to have a red flower blooming in the midst of winter. I long for seeing colors when everything is white outside. And as we are having half a meter of snow there is nothing outside but snow, lol.
First thing in the morning when it gets day is that I go and fill the bird feeder, all in my pajamas. So you are not the only one.