Thursday, June 2, 2016

yard art

My fella made this these candles.  The large one was made from scrap wood that he finished with a transparent ebony stain - it could hold a large candle or even a small plant.  The candles inside it are made from fence posts that are wired together with barbed wire; holes are drilled in the top for tea lites.  I wasn't sure where I was going to use this but it seemed to fit perfectly with the weathered lawn furniture down by the water.  (The top needs a piece of old hardware but I haven't chosen one yet located my box of bits and pieces yet.)


Since my last post there's been an interesting turn of events - we put our house on the market and have accepted an offer.  If you don't see a new post for awhile you'll understand.  Also our wifi at the cottage and been quite iffy this season and consequently I haven't been able to read and comment on blogs - my regrets.

everything has beauty but not everyone can see it - confucious

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful candle holder and congrats on the house sale.

Debbie

Brigitte said...

Great that you could sell your house so quickly.
Such a nice candle holder made of old wood. And I can easily see it with flowers, too.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your fella did a great job on creating the candle box. Congratulations on the house sale! Best wishes for a smooth closing! Enjoy your weekend, Kate.

Needled Mom said...

That is lovely. Good luck with the packing and the move.

Jeanette said...

That is gorgeous. Love it.Congratulations on selling your house. Good luck with the move. Hugs,xx

Carol said...

I'm so impressed that your husband made that, Kate--it will look perfect in your cottage. Amazing that your house sold so quickly--how exciting!

Timi said...

I love these candle holders!!! What a great idea!
It seems you will be very busy this summer...moving is not a very easy task... I know. Take care!!!

Anonymous said...

Very talented man, that husband, just like his wife! So are you going to live at the cottage year round, then? I'm glad it didn't take you long to sell. The waiting is the worst part.

Unknown said...

Your husbands handiwork is amazing. Good luck with your house move x