Friday, December 23, 2016

oops ....

When I tea dyed this - actually it was coffee and vanilla and smells good enough to lick,eat, drink - the red thread ran .... but I like how it looks.  Don't you love it when an oops becomes something you really like.  This thread is one I use frequently but it ran on this piece - must have needed the exercise. ^^




I stitched this as busy work and haven't quite decided if it will become a cushion band or a tray runner or something else - stay tuned.  Obviously, it's not something I can give away since it looks like something went awry but it suits me.

There is a snowstorm on it's way for Christmas Day and Boxing Day and that's unfortunate for those who have to travel.





it's not what you look at that matters...
it's what you see
 

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It does give the letters an interesting look. Merry Christmas.

Chantal said...

It ran because it needed the exercise! Hahahah! You are too funny! Hope your holidays are full of pleasant surprises and people you love. Stay safe, stay warm.
;^)

Ana Love Craft said...

Dear Kate, I wish you and family a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
Hugs and love,
Ana (from Ana Love Craft)

WoolenSails said...

I have had that happen, but not in a good way, wool on a piece that had a light background.

Debbie

Robin in Virginia said...

I like it; it reminds me of looking through the window that has icy crystals on it. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and fabulous Boxing Day. Be safe if the storm comes your way.

Timi said...

Merry Christmas, Kate!!!

Anonymous said...

I like it, too. Some people would wonder how you achieved that neat effect. Was it painted. ;) Nice that it smells good, too! Merry Christmas and I hope you're having a lovely WARM day, snow notwithstanding.

Tangos Treasures said...

That does look cool!! No snow in my forecast!! 65 today 72 tomorrow 61 wed and 70 on Thursday. I think you should come visit me!!
Hope your Christmas was fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate it does look awesome,hope you had a lovely xmas.

Brigitte said...

It just has to suit you - and to me it looks really good.
I hope you had a lovely Christmas Day.