Tuesday, September 19, 2017

did it ...

I actually managed to stitch something this summer - a little something - it was slow going since I could only stitch one letter and then had to let my hand rest for awhile - very frustrating but I did it!  It's a card for a cottage country friend who had surgery.  It's hard to see in the photo but the words are in a shade of pink with the outline and button in grey and mounted on grey-ish cardstock - it was sheer luck that I had a stray grey button at the cabin - it likely was waiting to be sewn back on something - need to make note to self to bring a wee stock of buttons to leave here - must locate them in town first. 



Making this tag was much easier - I suppose it must have used different hand motions than the x-stitch - I had fun with this one - it was for a blogging friend


The photos aren't very good because I'm using the editing program on my laptop rather than on the PC. 
 

if you change the way you look at things,
the things you look at change 

11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Oh yeah...it must feel great to make some progress. That is such a sweet gift.

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful gifts for your friend and I am sure it will lift her spirits.

Debbie

Helen Philipps said...

Lovely stitching...I hope your hand gets better soon. xox

Mii Stitch said...

Great work! Hope your hand gets better soon.

Robin in Virginia said...

What pretty items you have created! I really like the card you created and know that it will lift the spirits of your friend.

Carol said...

One stitch at a time! Glad your hand is healing enough to even do that, Kate--your friend will love it :)

Pradeepa said...

Lovely stitch works!

Brigitte said...

Oh, what a lovely little card you managed to finish. It is great to know that your hand is healing and doing better and better. I also love the tag that stitched, so nice with its different techniques.

Maya Kuzman said...

I know how frustrating can it be not being able to work (stitch, crochet,knit, etc.) and the desire to do it bubbling up and I hope your arm gets better. You did manage to make the sweetest card! What a lovely gift!

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

How charming! Both of them! Have a nice Sunday!

Timi said...

Oh, I like both! Very special!