Monday, October 23, 2017

on speed ......

These last six months have sped by and I'm reminded of that old saying ...  'life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes'.  At my age I'd like it to slow down. 

I found a spot to hang this tree in our new place to display some autumn pieces.  Wouldn't you know it - I located the jute twine after stringing the tree with crochet cotton and taking a photo - the cotton looks tacky - it is what it is.







the greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground





















13 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a cool way to display your smalls, Kate! It looks super.

WoolenSails said...

That is a wonderful tree, I love folk art and prim trees.
I did get some short fencing pieces to try some for christmas.

Debbie

Mii Stitch said...

What a lovely tree!!
On the positive, you can use it again for other occasions like Halloween, Christmas, Easter... great fun!

Needled Mom said...

I hear you!!! I really like your tree with all of the sweet ornaments.

Maria said...

I love all those Autumn themed stitcheries Kate, and what a wonderful way to display them...great tree!!

butterfly said...

Great display of Autumn stitching.

Anthea said...

It's such a cute display Kate... I wish I could plan ahead to do something like that!

Our photos said...

Lovely tree, Kate!

Our photos said...

Lovely tree, Kate!

Brigitte said...

Such a gorgeous and unusual display of your autumn pieces. And you have such a variety of them - stitched, felted and sewn. A real eye catcher.

Timi said...

What a lovely collection! Love it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a charming expression, but so true!
Love the tree and it would look great with ribbon as an alternative to jute, or even thin tinsel for Christmas!

Maya Kuzman said...

What a unique tree you have there! And not only for Christmas but all year round to decorate as you please!