Friday, December 8, 2017

needless ...

Late last winter I stitched a whimsical design for a special Christmas card.  Everything I stitched whilst in our mini apt. was packaged up and taken to the cottage for safe keeping and then brought to our home in town this fall. When the time came to 'finish' the piece as a card I couldn't find it - hunted high and low - found all the other pieces that were with it - couldn't even find the chart - time was running out - ended up stitching a new design - made myself a lot of needless extra work. 

 I have now  located the original one (and the chart) but will gift this one.  I was annoyed at myself for having to stitch another one because stitching is still slow going for me.  I finished it as a tag rather than a card - I have no idea why - I think I got carried away - I'm not getting smarter as I get older. 




give what you have ...
to someone, it may be better than you dare to think


 

10 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful piece and I do love cross stitch pieces. I have a few I made years ago, when I could see better.

Debbie

Carol said...

Isn't that sweet--I love the tag idea! Need to try that type of finish myself, Kate. It is so frustrating when we misplace things--I seem to be doing that a lot lately. Time for putting some serious organization skills back in my life come January!

Robin in Virginia said...

Sweet tag finish! I am sorry that you had to re-stitch though. Enjoy your weekend!

Jenny said...

That's often the way - you spend so much time looking for something or other, give up and go with Plan B instead, then that darn missing thing turns up to taunt you!!
Your little stitchery tag is really cute.

Brigitte said...

Misplacing a chart, who doesn't know that, lol. But good that you could find it again. What you stitched and finished instead is so sweet. The tag finish is a wonderful idea, I have to keep this in mind for little birthday and Christmas gifts that fit into a normal envelope and aren't too heavy.

Timi said...

It's a lovely tag!!!

Our photos said...

It's Lovely!

Susan said...

I like the saying on the blog post at the bottom. Your tag is very pretty. This is one thing I never took up. People who do it say it doesn't take patience, but it surely took more than I have! LOL And the vision isn't getting better, along with my brain. =)

Maya Kuzman said...

I see it as an ornament (not as a tag), so you can always hang it on the tree and have a unique Christmas ornament :)

Maria said...

That is so beautiful Kate...such tiny stitches! I too misplace items and it's usually when I've had to tidy up quickly because we would be entertaining or having house guests...and then I forget where Ive 'hidden' things! Lol