Saturday, January 13, 2018

can you believe ....

Can you believe it's the middle of the month already - this month of January that often seems so long and usually drags by?

I've been working at finishing some of my stitched pieces along with some new projects for upcoming birthdays and even a Christmas project.  Sadly,  I'm not getting as much done as quickly as I'd anticipated - too much other stuff gets in the way.  I tried making one of those bowl cozies figuring I could make a bunch of these for home and the cabin and use up some of my fabric hoard - mine looks different -  nice but different - I finally figured out why - will try another before mass producing.   It was very cold here for Christmas week but last weekend saw temperatures up to 0C (32F) with sunshine - what a treat - I suppose it was the annual January thaw since it has cooled off considerably again.

  Here are a few things I've finished and all are 'gifts' .....



The x-stitch card is from Permin - they offer a free mini chart each month.  The kimono ornament is a Twinkle Patchwork design with a wee modification.  The hedgehog card is from an old Homespun magazine. 

the virtue lies in the struggle
not in the prize

17 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

I am sure the recipients of your three makes will be delighted. I especially like the kimono finish.

Connie said...

These are all so lovely and unique . . . handmade is the very best!!!
Please come visit m blog and get in on my 6 years of blogging Give-A-Way.
I want to share the love and appreciation that I received from following lovely blogs like yours.
Keep Smiling!
Connie :)

Jenny said...

Very pretty gifts and I love your cute hedgehog!

allthingzsewn said...

All are lovely, I especially like the kimono. Your cross stitching is beautiful.

Needled Mom said...

That little hedgehog is so cute and I LOVE the kimono.

WoolenSails said...

Time does fly by as we get older;)
Those are wonderful pieces and I am sure they will be, well loved.

Debbie

Maria said...

Lovely finishes Kate!

Anthea said...

Very sweet finishes there Kate... well my January seems to be flying by too; I think with getting my daughter ready to move away, we seem to have lots to do, but are running out of time!

Tangos Treasures said...

Such awesome gifts!! You make such cute stuff!! I want to try those bowl cozy's. It's been cold here too even got 4 inches of snow!!

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely projects you created, Kate! I agree that January is flying by.

Anonymous said...

those are some lovely finishes ^^ The hedgehog mug rug is ever so cute ^^

Susan said...

What fun those projects are. I would have liked seeing your cozy, too. I never make anything useful. =) The hedgehog is cute as anything.

Timi said...

You made such wonderful gifts!!!

Carol said...

Very cute gifts, Kate--I especially like the kimono and may make one for my son's girlfriends who is very much into anything Japanese :) She has a birthday coming up in February so there's still time--thanks for the link!

Stay warm!

Brigitte said...

All three finishes are so cute, very special gifts. Particularly the kimono one which is creative.

Maya Kuzman said...

I think it is becoming a global feel - January dragging away :)
Finally it's over! On a creative note I love your handmade gifts and those are the kind I appreciate the most!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh I love the little kimono! It is gorgeous! So is the hedgehog :) xx