Saturday, January 20, 2018

three a day .....

There isn't much to talk about and I seriously considered not posting this week.  We're currently having another mild spell with temperatures above 0C (32F) and lots of snow has disappeared - there wasn't all that much to begin with - x-country skiers are not happy that the trails are snow-less.  It's so nice to have the windows open at this time of year even if just for a short while - it's even nicer that the windows aren't frozen closed.  ^^   Three a day ..... that's how many miles I walk every day and I'm pleased that I can do each mile in 7-10 minutes - depends on whether I stop to check for mail or such - if I stop to visit with a neighbour it takes me longer.  Three miles a day is a record for me  - I'm able to do it because I can walk indoors on a flat surface.  You see, our building is  a C shape - (without the curves) - it is a half mile from one end to the other - I walk a round trip to complete the mile. 

I recently learned about Continental Knitting - had never heard of it - tried it out - it may just get me knitting again.  Just the other day I watched the movie "Goodbye Christopher Robin" - I wanted to go buy a Winnie the Pooh book.  ^^  Today I finally remembered to start some seeds sprouting - we should be sampling in a few days.

All I have to show you is another finished b.d. card - I'm determined to stay ahead this year.  For this one the x-stitch design is another mini from Permin (see my previous post for the link) - their designs are perfect for cards.  I made my own washi tape by putting double sided tape on fabric and trimming it up - I've never seen washi tape to buy - we live in the sticks.    I used cardstock for the card and it worked out quite well - this won't win any blue ribbons but it's not as boring as usual....






Some quotes I liked from Victoria and Abdul:
the banquet hall of eternity
we're all prisoners
everything in Scotland is scratchy

12 comments:

Timi said...

Three miles a day ? WOW! That's great! It's important to walk everyday!
We take our dog for a walk every day and it feels good to do it :o)
The card is cute, just like the mice!

Jenny said...

That's a pretty little cross stitch, and i just love your cute mice!

Stephanie said...

A lovely card, dear Kate. And how cute are those mice :)

Hugs to you!

Needled Mom said...

Having an indoor walking area is great to keep in shape. Your card is so sweet and I love those mice.

WoolenSails said...

I usually walk around our yard, while throwing and kicking balls, lol.
Today we got to walk the beach, was a little cooler than I wanted, but still nice enough to walk with gloves on.

Debbie

Mii Stitch said...

I love the mice, they are so cute!!! Great card too :) Enjoy the walking, it's the best exercise for your body and mind.

Tangos Treasures said...

Good for you walking 3 miles!!
Cool on the washi tape!! Love the card!!
What kind of seeds are you starting?
It's starting to warm up here!!

Rachel said...

Lovely finish, and I love those little mice!

Carol said...

Wow! THose are fast miles, Kate!! I walk three a day, too, but can only do 15 minute miles :) I walk inside on my treadmill--nice to not deal with the ice and snow.

Such cute mice and the greeting card is wonderful. Hope January is being kind to you up there!

Anonymous said...

pretty card and cute mice ^^ Did you make them too?

Brigitte said...

Three miles a day, that's not bad at all. And if you can do it inside your home - all the better. I would need a treadmill for the winter months as when everything is covered by ice and snow I have to interrupt my daily walks outside out of fear of falling and breaking a leg.
I love the birthday card you made. The stitching is wonderful. Here I have never seen washi tape either, I would have to order it online. Like everything which is a bit special.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am most impressed by your speed. It is 3 miles to each of my son's schools and it takes me 35-40 minutes to walk to each one.
Do you jog or power walk?
It really is fantastic exercise anyway.