Friday, January 20, 2017

butterflies, bunnies and toques ...

We're having the most wonderful weather this week - warm, very little wind and lots of sunshine ... best part is that the temps. have been anywhere from 2C to 7C (36F-46F)!!!!!
I've been going for 2 or 3 walks each day and how wonderful it's been to shed the hat and gloves!  On the weekend we  took a drive out to the cabin .... oh my, it's so pristeen and quiet there - there were a few critter tracks in our yard and the chickadees welcomed us  .... I wanted to stay.  On the downside  I think the mild weather has addled my brain - I've been a day out all week ... I thought Tuesday was Wednesday, Wednesday was Thursday, etc. I think I'm finally on track today. 

Here's what I'm doing to keep my fingers busy ......


A design  from The Primitive Hare.




A poor photo of the hat, beanie, toque I'm crocheting using
a pattern from here.

serenity at the cabin 


the only difference between a good day and a bad day
is your attitude

12 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your cross stitch. The bunny is so cute. I could do with that snow. It's been ever so hot here where i live. Hoping for cooler weather this week. Hugs,xx

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful pieces and great projects to do while you relax.
That is a serene view, and looks like a place you could shut out the rest of the world for awhile.
We are going up to 50 tomorrow, so hopefully no cool winds.

Debbie

Tangos Treasures said...

So glad it's warmed up for you!! It has here too!! I can so relate to being a day off, haha makes me crazier!! Lovely projects to keep your hands busy!!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a blissful and serene photo from the cabin! I wouldn't want to leave. I love the bunny in your cross stitch piece. Nice looking hat! Other than that brief cold snap the first weekend in January, it has been very mild here with scattered showers, fog, and temps in the upper 40s to 60 degrees. Have a wonderful weekend, Kate.

Timi said...

2 Celsius? It feels like spring!
I've been a day out all week,too ... Just like you! How funny it is! :o)

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely little crosses, looking forward to seeing your finish :)

Anonymous said...

Love your quote! I'm doing more toward recognizing joy in my life. Happiness IS all in our attitudes! That view of the cabin is very appealing, as long as there's a huge stack of wood and a fireplace. =) Great projects, and beautiful weather for working on them. Have fun! It was about 18 here today, but raining and raining and raining!

Jenny said...

Isn't it nice to be sitting and quietly stitching, or knitting, or crotchet. Gives us the "feel good" factor, I think. Especially is such pretty surroundings as your cabin.

Brigitte said...

Oh, these temperatures above 0°C are on their way to us as I have seen it on the weather forecast for next week. At the moment it's far below so I'm looking forward to next week.
And you are stitching spring already, what a nice design this is.

Lorna McMahon said...

You have been keeping those fingers busy with these lovely projects. Great way to keep them warm!

Needled Mom said...

There is something so calming about the snow - especially when you are inside looking out at it.

I love your bunny stitchery. That is a great project for keeping your hands busy. I also love those leaves for your coasters. Beautiful.

Helen Philipps said...

Lovely makes...and I loved the picture of the cabin in the snow! Enjoy all your stitchery!
Helen xox