Saturday, March 25, 2017

bunnies and more ....



I wanted to share some bunnies with you - not dust bunnies although we have planty of those to share.  You'll see them - 2 of them - leaning up against the vase of flowers ... their ears will stand up straight but I like to have one bent over for character.  These are so quick and easy to crochet and have all sorts of uses - perhaps even as napkin rings.  I made mine from #4 yarn and a 3.5 mm hook - the bows are made from #3 yarn with the same hook.

The yellow flower is not a sunflower but a gerbera - at the time I had no black yarn on hand - now I do and I will make a few more in other colours - they'll look nice pinned onto a grapevine wreath with a few green leaves thrown in or with wire attached and standing in a jar/vase or ......

Since the crocheted flowers didn't quite fill the vase I added an African Flower topper (see this post for the link) - these are fun to make - this one is made with #3 yarn.  The coasters are made with cotton yarn - such yummy colours.  I needed a thread catcher so a tuna can with a crocheted cover was perfect (see this post for the link) - my fabric ones are still packed away -  the vacuum pusher had mentioned the loose threads that always seem to find their way to the floor.

Sometimes I link up with Annemarie

Too late I noticed a couple of typos in my last two posts and I apologize - hopefully there are none here.  






everyone has a photographic memory -
some don't have film 

11 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Very cool, Kate! Enjoy your weekend!

Stephanie said...

Hi, sweet Kate! As always, it's a delight to visit your wonderful blog. I just love your little flowers.

Have a wonderful Sunday! Hugs!

WoolenSails said...

Those are really fun and looks cute with the bunnies.

Debbie

Brigitte said...

Another explosion of creativity. And colour. These bunnies are too cute.

Mii Stitch said...

Such colourful crochet creations!!! Flowers are my favourite.

Timi said...

Those little bunnies are so cute!!! And the flowers are so pretty!!! I like them all! :o)

Anonymous said...

you have been busy getting ready to welcome the Spring ^^

Anonymous said...

Adorable little bunnies! It looks like you've decided if Spring isn't going to be outside, you'll make it inside. =)

Needled Mom said...

Those bunnies would be the perfect napkin rings for the Easter table. Cute crochet!

Tangos Treasures said...

Too cute!! I've plenty of dust bunnies too!! heehee

Carol said...

Aww... your little bunnies are so cute, Kate! Love the bright spring colors in this post. Hopefully, spring is warming up your part of Canada?