Friday, May 26, 2017

surprise!


It was such a lovely surprise to come home from the cabin to an 'un-birthday' gift from Claire .   The DMC thread is 'colour variations' and this is the first time I've been able to see this thread in person - the shade changes are ever so gentle - I'm anxious to get stitching.  Doesn't that monster pouch just make you smile!  I'm fond of Robbie Burns - must be my Scottish background - I was delighted to have this lovely card. 
Thank you Claire for your kindness and friendship. 

leave footprints of love and kindness
wherever you go 

13 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely and super surprise to receive! The monster pouch made me giggle. Enjoy your weekend, Kate!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had Scottish ancestors!

Jeanette said...

A lovely surprise for sure. Love the cute monster pouch. Hugs,xx

Needled Mom said...

That is a nice surprise!

WoolenSails said...

What wonderful gifts and a nice way to bring joy to a friend.

Debbie

Jenny said...

I've got Scottish blood in my background too, from one grandfather. And English blood from the other Granddad. Both sadly long gone now.

Tangos Treasures said...

Awesome un-birthday gift!!

Anonymous said...

She is one nice lady. I like variations, too. You can't get it where you are?

Carol said...

How sweet--there are so many lovely stitchers in the world, aren't there? Enjoy your weekend, Kate!

Anthea said...

Those threads look interesting Kate... I love variegated threads, but have yet to find one I really like...

Brigitte said...

Such a sweet little gift. That "monster pouch" is just awesome, lol.

Maya Kuzman said...

It feels wonderful when one receives (and sends) a thoughtful gift! Enjoy yours Kate!

Helen Philipps said...

Such a thoughtful gift...what nice surprise to come home to. Happy weekend.
Helen xox