Saturday, April 28, 2012

Gardening ......

Today we worked outdoors and even planted a couple of rows of onions, a row of beets, and a row of swiss chard ... we're hoping the weather will keep warming up so that these cool weather crops will do ok.  I potted geraniums that we had overwintered - the large pot will go to the cabin and the other will grace our deck at home; and transplanted some cherry tomatoes (sweet million) to take to the cabin ... these tomatoes are extremely sweet and delightful to eat! I think I started the scarlet runner beans too soon because they are looking like they belong in the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk'!  One of them I've already planted at the house on the south side and provided protection with a milk carton - fingers are crossed that it will survive any cool weather; the other one, shown here, will go to the cabin for planting.  The green pot in the forefront is a peony root that I dug up to take to the cabin as well. 


2 comments:

Sharon said...

I hope your beans make it. I'm trying to grow cherry tomatoes in a pot this year. So far, so good...I see some blooms about to open!

Carol said...

Good luck with your plants, Kate! Things are still too cold here to do much gardening. It was warmer in March than it has been in April!