Thursday, May 31, 2012

regrets, I've had a few .....

"Regrets, I've had a few but then again too few to mention ...."  can't say that I ever heard anyone but Frank Sinatra sing that.  

 I regret that at this time of year I don't have the time for blogging that I'd like to have nor do I have enough time to properly read and comment on other blogs.  It's not cause I'm such a busy person it's because we don't, by choice, have an internet connection at the cottage and when we're home there is so much other stuff that has to be taken care of that computer time is a bit of a luxury.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  And did I mention there's no time for sewing, etc.  either? (grin)



I'd like to thank my new followers for becoming followers and extend my gratitude to all of you - without you this would be like talking to myself.


The photo below is of a Showy Lady Slipper that was growing in our yard at the cottage - this variety is considered rare by some authorities, which makes it extra special.  It's as beautiful as in the photo.

I believe I neglected to mention in a previous post that the robins nesting in the tree by the deck at the cabin survived the wind and low temperatures so we're looking forward to all the activity once the eggs hatch - should be fun.  We're still waiting for the tree swallows to return and raise their family in the birdbox.  There were some barn swallows checking out the verandah and I fear we may have to do some evictions when we return.

We pass this old homestead going to and from the cottage ... there is something compelling about it and we often stop.  I wonder if the story behind it is as interesting as we think it might be. Don't you love that crooked evergreen?

2 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Yay for new bloggers!! Cool that u don't have internet at the cottage!! I love the Showy Lady Slipper it's just breath taking!! I also love the old homestead!! Would u mind if I snagged it?? I'd like to print it to go along with a old house picture for my living room.It's day 119 on my blog, so u can see the theme I'm after.

Anthea said...

Kate your decision not to have internet at the cottage allows you to take in the beauty & tranquility of those surroundings. And why not?!... your pics are just lovely, I love to see them. The Lady Slipper is very pretty, & that broken-down cottage surely has an interesting story to tell. I for one will continue to visit your lovely blog...