Thursday, November 19, 2015

seed catalogue

The first seed catalogue of the season arrived
this week and I must admit that I'm enjoying looking through it.

I've done a bit of sewing that isn't Christmas related.
Here's a new table mat .... not that I needed another one  ^^




And 'matching' magic coasters - these really are magic!  They're made from one piece of fabric (each) and go together amazingly quickly ... here's the link




And whilst on the subject of coffee - how about a
 coffee liqueur?
Into a clean jar (with a lid) pour 4 cups of vodka, add 44 sugar cubes and 44 coffee beans.
Let it sit in a dark location for a few weeks, give it a shake now and then and it's ready to serve ... don't forget to strain off the beans.  ^^

And a new cushion cover ....
you just 'gotta' love that sunbeam! 
 

And last but not least I'd like to say welcome to my newest followers.   I appreciate everyone that comes by for a visit.  Unfortunately,  there are more and more blogs that I cannot leave a comment on but rest assured that I'm visiting.

5 comments:

Timi said...

I like your table mat! It's a very good way to use fabric pieces!
Thanks for link! :o)

Carol said...

I really love the sentiment on that pretty pillow, Kate-and the colors you chose to finish it with are so nice! I think it's great that you have so many table mats--you'll never get bored and this one looks perfect with your new mug mats :)

Hope you enjoy the rest of your week--can hardly believe we are beginning the last third of November tomorrow!

Brigitte said...

Great new table mat with matching coasters. And this cushion looks so beautiful. Great job.

Helen Philipps said...

Lovely makes, and I love the cushion with it's sweet words! Looking forward to some seed catalogue browsing soon too :)
Wishing you a happy weekend.
Helen xox

Anonymous said...

I have that comment problem, too, as more and more people switch to embedded boxes or google plus. Even using my google account, I can't leave messages on either one. I'll survive, and so will they, I imagine. ;) I LOVE your pillow! That is the best sentiment and I like the way you framed it with the fabric. And really, there's no such thing as too many table mats, is there? That's a very nice one! Seed catalogs are the last thing I'm thinking of right now, as it dips below freezing Sunday night. But it is nice to think of them anyway.