Friday, December 1, 2017

can't find it ....

   Now that we're settled in our new place I have a sewing spot set up and  had great plans - but I can't find my sewing mojo - or maybe I'm just spinning my wheels - I have no idea which it is.  I've dabbled at a few things but am not pleased with the end product - there's so much I want to do/make that it's easier not to do it - there's a wee pile of x-stitch pieces to finish, too.

This is for my aunt who is now living in a personal care home - she doesn't need stuff - I'm hoping it can hang up year around ....



And this one is proof of an unsatisfactory end product.  I struggle with sewing small pieces - could never sew Barbie Doll clothes.  I practice with Temecula Quilt's small quilt blocks - need lots more practice. 



On the positive side, I made a fruit cake - sort of - more like a fruit filled pound cake - for the Christmas season - smells good - no photo.








no matter how far you've gone on the wrong road,
you can still turn around 

10 comments:

WoolenSails said...

The tag is a nice idea, I thought of doing small hanging ornies to pass out at the nursing home.
I can work on projects, but need to get myself motivated to do more machine sewing and quilting, maybe after christmas.
For now I am content doing cards and some gifts and just enjoying the season without the stress.

Debbie

Brigitte said...

Starting with small things might bring your sewing mojo back. Sometimes this works for me when I have lost my stitching mojo. But the good thing is that after a while it always comes back.
I love the little tag for your aunt and also the tree.

Timi said...

I love the little tag and it's a great gift for your aunt!
Your litle quilt is lovely!

Robin in Virginia said...

Kate, I hope your mojo returns soon. I like the tag you created for your Aunt. I could never make Barbie cloths either. Enjoy your weekend!

Needled Mom said...

It's always so difficult to come up with small gifts for those who need nothing or have room for nothing. That will be perfect for an everyday reminder.

I think your little tree looks fine.

Tangos Treasures said...

Love the tag for your Aunt!!
The little tree is adorable!!
Hope your mojo comes back soon!!

Connie said...

You know, I really like your little tree quilt . . . I wish you could see it though my eyes because I think it is perfectly pretty:) So nice to hear that you have a special place for sewing. It is nice to have a space where your machine is always set up and you can create when the mood hit you.
Keep Smiling!
Connie :)

Jenny said...

Sorry to read that your sewing mojo is missing somewhere - hope it comes back soon. But you have been creative and baked a delicious fruit cake - sounds yummy.

Renee said...

Both of these are cute!

Stephanie said...

Oh Kate, your fabric tags are just too cute! Happy weekend to you! Hugs