Sunday, June 2, 2019

back and forth ...

We're back and forth to the cabin nowadays so my blogging time is limited.  And I'm using a new browser that prevents me from leaving comments on some blogs.   It's still very windy and extremely dry in cottage country and in town but the gardens are planted.

This is a recent read that I enjoyed - the ants are big this year .....



Hum, the hummingbird, likes to sit here after having a drink - 
sometimes it seems like he's 'lying in wait'   ...


Here he is coming in for a drink ...





no matter what yesterday was like,
birds always start the new day with a song

6 comments:

Ann said...

Gee I hope that ant doesn't carry off your book before you're done reading it :)

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad to hear you have been going and back! I know how much enjoy spending time at the cabin. We have been enjoying the antics of the hummingbirds here. Have a good week, Kate!

WoolenSails said...

I hope you enjoy your summer at the cottage, sounds like heaven.
I have to get a new feeder, mine keep breaking.

Debbie

Carol said...

And I thought the ants that have been appearing in our house were big!! Yikes :) So glad you are enjoying your cottage time, Kate. Looks like the hummingbirds are appreciative that you're back as well :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Enjoy your time in the cabin Kate and fill your batteries!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The book has such a pretty cover and what a neat quote you ended with. I'll write it in my journal tonight. Love the sweet hummer. We have them coming to our flowers! Enjoy your weekend!