Tuesday, August 25, 2020

hedgehog

 


Hedgehogs are so cute and seeing these I knew I had to make one.  I really like the neutral colours that the designer used and initially thought a wee basket of these would be adorable.  Common sense prevailed and since I really don't need a basket of  hedgehogs, no matter how cute they are, I decided to make one for a friend and that's why it's in purple .... it's her favourite colour.  This friend is also a neighbour and I know she's going through some difficulties with her husband who is unwell. The pattern is quite easy and requires no stuffing!

In the past week we've received rain - there's been a shortage of it this season.  Of course, the farmers are harvesting and weren't appreciative.  In town there was 3.5"  and at the cabin there was 1".  I was shocked when I looked at the rain gauges since they usually show just a tenth of an inch.

There are more Covid cases in our province now than there's been in the last 5 months and just as school is set to restart. 


accept the situation and move on








9 comments:

Ann said...

What a cute little hedgehog. I bet your friend appreciated the gift.
I thought we were supposed to get rain the last two days but I haven't seen a drop.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a cute little critter! Hedgehogs are adorable anyway...but purple? You know I love it! Enjoy your evening!

WoolenSails said...

That is so cute and fun colors. Our cases are up and down and always when people gather, so. you would think they would learn. We have some time off next week, so hoping to get out without crowds.

Debbie

Needled Mom said...

That purple hedgehog is so cute.

Robin in Virginia said...

What an adorable hedgehog you created, Kate! I bet your friend loved it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The hedgehog is so sweet, I can see why you would want a whole bowl of them!

Carol said...

He is a cutie, Kate! The purple color makes him even cuter and I know your friend will love it. So sorry to hear about the uptick in Covid cases--stays safe now ♥

Clare-Aimetu said...

He's so cute, a perfect pick me up gift.

Maya Kuzman said...

Your hedgehog is adorable and I thank you for linking to the pattern. I might give it a try. Would be nice adding a hedgehog to my fall decorating :)