Tuesday, January 12, 2021

oh hoot . . .

 


These cute little owls were something I worked on over the holidays.  They are a pattern from Annemarie.  I made the beaks with 3 lazy daisy stitches,  added squiggly eyes just because I have lots, made them in different sizes and used neutral shades of yarn.  They make me smile.  



This is my second read of this year.  In 2020 I read a lot of books but didn't keep track of them.  This year looks like it could be another  reading marathon so I'm going to keep track of the books here so that I have a record to look back on.  I hadn't read this author for many years -  when I spotted it in our building library I decided to give it a whirl - I was not disappointed. 


without rain  nothing grows -

learn to embrace the storms in your life


12 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Those owls are cute and a fun idea for bowl fillers.
I Haven't read in ages. I can get books on kindle from our library, so maybe I will have to see what my favorite authors have written in the past years.

Debbie

Ann said...

Those owls are adorable. What a fun project.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your owls are adorable, Kate. They made me smile. Will have to look into the book you mentioned. Have a good week!

Terri said...

Love the owls!! SO cute!!

Needled Mom said...

Those owls are darling!

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh, Gosh! I love your owls! They are quite a lovely bunch!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thank you for the author recommend. It is always nice to add to the reading list. The owls are adorable!

Jenny said...

Love your cute owls. I keep a notebook of books read and authors, handy when I go to the library when looking for more books to read.

Clare-Aimetu said...

That is certainly a cute nest of owls

Carol said...

Awww... they are darling, Kate! I'm also keeping track of the books I read this year for the first time :) I've been listening to audiobooks a lot when I stitch so I seem to be getting quite a few in! Enjoy your week!

Susan said...

The owls are adorable! I did keep track last year and I read more than 350 books. I'm off to a good start this year, too. I haven't heard of that author, so I will have to look for him. Thanks!

Carin said...

Love those owls.