Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas ornies

Here are a couple of Christmas ornies that I've made. They almost look like paper piecing, which I cannot do.   I regret that I don't recall where I found the pattern for the angel but you'll find a similar paper piecing pattern here.



This Santa was a pattern that  Eleanor Burns  showed how to make on her TV program many years ago; it was from her book 'Christmas Quilts & Crafts '(Quilt in a Day).  Back then there were some fabulous sewing how-to shows on PBS ... those were the days.  You'll find a paper piecing pattern for a similar Santa here.
I find myself making these two over and over again so I guess that makes them timeless for me.  They make nice package tie-ons, too.

6 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Nice little ornaments! :)

Carol said...

They are both so cute, Kate! Love the idea of using a button as the angel's head :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

They are lovely Kate....

Valma said...

awwww both are very cute
and just like Carol I find it's a very good idea to put a button instead of the head
very nice
we are really in the run to Xmas today =D
Have a great weekend
big hugs
xxx

Anne said...

Very nice! Great idea to have a few quick designs to make before the holidays! :)

Solstitches said...

That little Santa is just so cute. Lovely projects you have been working on.
Margaret