Monday, April 20, 2015

can we talk

Can we talk - Joan Rivers used to say that and we always knew we were in for a laugh. 
 Can we talk .... we all live busy lives - some are busier than others, some think they are busier than others.  I want you to know that if you read my blog do not feel obligated to leave a comment - if you want to leave one go for it!  Sometimes it's difficult to know what to say about a blog post - I understand.  It seems the trend just lately is 'if you leave a comment on my blog I'll leave one on yours' - I don't agree with that; one should leave a comment because one wants to and for no other reason.  I'm content to see that I've had viewers.

We've just had a week of summer-like weather with lots of sunshine then it turned cool/cold due to an Arctic blast.  Some folks had rain and/or snow yesterday - we didn't.  We could use a bit of rain to clean things up but with the river still in flood stage we don't need any more moisture just now.  Actually a dry spring/summer/fall might be ideal and would lower the water table.

I cleaned the oven this morning - I don't know which I dislike the most .... cleaning the oven or the mini blinds.  I used to enjoy cleaning, silly me.



This is something I'm working on - Lesley Teare's floral alphabet - each letter has a flower that starts with that letter ... so far I've stitched the A - only 25 more to go.  ^^   This one is for a DIL.

Do you remember this - now it looks like this - I changed my mind ....


10 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Great way to view leaving and receiving comments. Love your stitching and the heart is so pretty.

Jeanette said...

Love what you did with the lady beetles. Beautiful floral alphabet. Hugs,xx

Anthea said...

HI Kate - wow your cross stitching is so pretty - & I like the way you changed up the ladybugs - clever!

I agree with you Kate, re the Comments issue - I definitely notice that happens. When I comment, it's because I want to, not because I'm trying to garner more for myself.

By the way, I'm so glad you're over your love of cleaning! Stitching is a better use of time, ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I often like to leave a comment just to show I stopped by, although as a WP that isn't always easy since I need to prove I'm not a robot when on other blogs ^^
Well done, on changing your ladybird shape - it looks so much better as a heart.

Timi said...

I love Lesley Teare's designs!!! Your 'A' looks so lovely!
And I like the heart shape for the ladybirds! It was a great idea!
I like to leave comments when I read a blog, and it is so good to read the answer! Thank so much Kate, to answer to my comments!!!

Irene said...

io cerco sempre di lasciare un segno del mio passaggio, mi piacciono tanto i tuoi ricami, dico sempre che sono bellissimi, è come se tu fossi una mia vicina di casa e io venissi a trovarti per un caffè

Justine said...

I love your philosophy about leaving comments. I enjoy replying to comments as I have formed some good friendships that way but it's by no means compulsory to leave one!
I love your ladybird heart - it really sets off the stitching so much better than the square for some reason!

Mii Stitch said...

Really like your alteration on the ladybird finish. I do find it prettier this way too :D
Ooh oven cleaning... Are you mad?? :D Shame on me more like, it's not something I clean on a regular basis :D Sadly my stitching time is taking over everything around the house!

Anonymous said...

I can't bear not to tell you what I think. LOL So strange that you need your water table lowered and there's California desperately needing to raise theirs. Too bad it can't be sent over there! I'm glad you didn't get more, and no snow! That A really is appealing, and the heart is pretty, too. I like it more as a heart. I've never liked house-cleaning, and I do as little as possible.

Brigitte said...

To change the form of the ladybirds design was a good idea. I loved it before but now it's looking even better. And Lesley Teare's designs are really great.