Sunday, October 30, 2016

rained for a week ....

I kid you not, it did rain, and a lot, for an entire week and it has rained more since but not nearly as much   There were many farmers still harvesting their crops and that came to an abrupt standstill.   Anyway, we toughed it out at the cabin and with a wood stove to keep us warm it was easy to endure and I must admit that we likely found more to do there than we would have in town in our tiny apt.  I've whined mentioned before that I have limited resources at the cabin for stitching and/or sewing but I kept busy with the few designs and threads that I did have.  I've tried stitching from a chart on the laptop but find that difficult - ageing eyes and all.  These are all small designs but enjoyable to stitch; some will be used for cards and others have no plans just yet....

Clockwise the robin is a Lesley Teare Design, the three song tags are Claire's Creation, the sunflower stitchery is from My Red Door , autumn is a Happiness is Cross Stitching design, and the robin with the stocking is a freebie from one of the cross stitch magazines (no designer's name given).  Can you tell that I love the European Robin - it's so pretty with it's vibrant red breast.  Today I'm linking up with Kathy for Slow Stitching Sunday.

This is what many of the fields look like .....


 

The wet, cool weather was also a good time to try out a recipe for Doukhobor Borscht  - it was delicious!  

what feels like the end is often the beginning

14 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow, what a lot of rain you have had! Please send it here! What fantastic finishes and thank you for sharing the links. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Jenny said...

That's a lovely lot of stitching. So pleased you were warm and happy while all that rain came down.

Needled Mom said...

Wow....that field looks like a swimming pool. That is not good for harvesting! ;-(

Your little stitchings look so sweet.

Maria said...

That's a lot of rain!! I love all the stitcheries you've done...they're beautiful!

Timi said...

So much rain!!! WOW! It's cold here but the sun is shining today...
The stitchings are so lovely!
Have a nice week!!!

Rachel said...

Very nice! That robin with his little hat is super cute.

Anonymous said...

pretty robins ^and oooh I recognise a few of your little stitchings lol.

Mii Stitch said...

Those little robins are my favourite!!! So so so cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful work Kate,well done .

Carol said...

So sorry about all the rain, Kate! We've had the loveliest October so I feel a bit guilty :)

I do love those little finishes--I have a soft spot for the British robins, too. So much prettier than our N. American variety!

Wishing you a lovely November!

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow on your cross stitch!! We too have had our share of rain!! Hurricane Matthew has really flooded NC!!

Lumiruusu said...

Hello kate ! You have been busy stitcher and the pocket you made is very pretty too-
Well done !

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Kate, that's definitely a lot of rain. But you were doing the best one can do when it rains so permanently - you were stitching. With great result. Such lovely little projects that you show here. The red robin looks so beautiful, I love this little bird, too.

Anna said...

I love your cross stitch, especially the autumn one!

The fields get like that here too when it rains a lot.

Stopping by from Tea and a Sewing Machine :)