Tuesday, November 20, 2018

finished these ...


I stitched these ages ago - they've been a work in progress (WIP) since I had to decide on the end use.  This is what I came up with - mini quilt or candle mat - I like versatility.  ^^  The top one is a design I found online with no credit to the designer.  The other is a Theodora Cleave design that I stitched in variegated red (DMC) - I really like her designs and have stitched quite a few of them. (The fabric is aged although it looks wrinkled in the photos.)







listen and silent are spelled with the same letters


10 comments:

Carol said...

These are both adorable, Kate! Love the patchwork border around the first one and the little bells on each. (Also love your final quote about listen and silent! :)

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh Kate, these are so adorable. Well done! And I, too, like the quote at the end of your post.

Ann said...

Love both of these. I adore hand stitched items like this. I have a large collection of patterns that I wanted to stitch but somehow lost interest before I finished most of htem.

Needled Mom said...

Those are so cute and wonderful for the upcoming season.

WoolenSails said...

They are wonderful and fun pieces for Christmas.

Debbie

butterfly said...

Lovely stitchery patch work .

Timi said...

They look so lovely! Christmas is sooo close!

Maya Kuzman said...

Beautiful work Kate! I love their vintage look and the amazing stitching!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh how I love those that are stained and prim! So pretty! And I appreciate that you tell us about free patterns! I'm so excited to be cross stitching again! Hugs, Diane

Susan said...

I really like the Theodora Cleave one, especially. I had not heard of her before, so I searched for her, but all her stitcheries on her website are out of stock right now. =( And that one isn't on there anyway. Maybe it will be later. Thanks for sharing those.