Tuesday, April 30, 2019

hard to believe ....

It's hard to believe that April is over today - this month flew by.  There have been a few very warm days and a wee bit of rain but it's been on the cool side - so cool that we haven't opened the cabin yet  - no doubt all the cold, open water contributes to the chill in the air.  But that's ok because it's warmer in town and we've been able to prepare the garden for planting - green onions and chives are already being harvested and there was enough rhubarb to make a batch of jam - grape jam this time - we sampled it this morning and it is very tasty.  This is the jar I gave to a neighbour...  


I've been trying out a new computer browser and I think I've finally gotten all the kinks worked out.  The best thing about it is the speed - I'm totally impressed with how quickly I can now check email, etc.  I've been using Firefox and like it except that it was continually 'not responding' and it was slow going.  The one I'm currently trying is Brave and I'm pleased with it - it gave me a few problems like not being able to leave a comment on some blogs but I think I have that sorted.  

Since I like to cross stitch and find it relaxing this is my latest finish, a Hands On design ...



who you are tomorrow begins with
what you do today

8 comments:

Ann said...

I used to use Firefox until it started giving me problems. Now I use Chrome. I've never heard of Brave.
The rhubarb jam sounds good.
That is a really cute cross stitch. You are so good at that

Robin in Virginia said...

What an adorable piece you stitched and finished, Kate! The checked fabric adds a nice finishing touch. I hope you have been enjoying this last day in April.

Carol said...

Love the checked fabric on the cute pillow finish, Kate! It is perfect for that design!

Will check out Brave--Firefox is really slow lately. I thought it was my computer, but it might just be the browser. Thanks for the tip! And have a merry, merry month of May :)

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful cross stitch piece. I used to love rhubarb pie and jams, no sugar so one food that does not taste good without it.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

love the little cross stitched cushion - fresh eggs indeed!
Claire93

Timi said...

Your jam looks delicious!
Cross stiching is relaxing for me, too! That's why I love it so much :o)
Have a nice week!!!

Maya Kuzman said...

Love your cross stitching - as always, very neat, perfect stitching!
April flew for me too. May will also. We have my daughter's prom all planned out in May - it is a big deal in my country where it is a tradition to have the family and friends gathered for a party, so I am looking forward to it!
Wish you a lovely weekend ahead!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a pretty design and love the way you finished it! I'll write that quote in my journal tonight! Perfect! Enjoy your weekend!