Thursday, August 22, 2019

where to start ...

It's almost two months since I last posted  and I'm not sure where to start.   ^^  It's been a very busy summer back and forth to the cabin - the garden is at the cabin and there has been NO rain there this season so our trips to town had to be brief - too brief to spend much time at the computer - just long enough to restock supplies, do laundry and water the flowers.  The weather has already turned autumnish and the garden is winding down. 


I did some stitching and tried my hand at fabric dying - I'm all set for Halloween ....


I didn't have any black trim so I crocheted some for each one. 
 These are a design by Shannon Wasilieff.

your life is your garden,
your thoughts are the seeds,
if your life isn't awesome,
you've been watering the weeds


10 comments:

Ann said...

Love the stitching. I especially like the owl.

Jenny said...

Your Halloween cross stitch looks great!

WoolenSails said...

Glad to see you posting again, summer is when I am out more than inside but with the heat, I am stuck inside.
Love your stitcheries and the colors, they came out beautifully.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

all ready for the spooky season ^^
claire93

Maria said...

I love your Halloween stitcheries...very clever! It’s such hard work keeping gardens watered during dry spells. Our weather here has been rather dry so I’ve cut back on planting the veggie patch. The Australian native shrubs and the succulents seem to do okay in the dry spells.

Robin in Virginia said...

What adorable Halloween stitches you created with needle and thread! I would love the see a close-up of the crocheted trim you made for them. It has been dry here and too hot for this gal! Enjoy your weekend, Kate!

Needled Mom said...

Time passes so quickly. Your stitching is so cute. I like the crochet work around the edge.

Timi said...

It's been a busy summer for me too, so I understand you :o)
And also a very hot summer! 34 Celsius, even today! I am looking forward to Autumn!!!

Maya Kuzman said...

These are certainly the most beautiful Halloween inspired stitching I have ever seen! Welcome back! I hope we get to see more of you in blogland!

Carol said...

Good to hear from you, Kate, and I love your sweet finishes. The black crocheted trim is perfect for them! Enjoy this last bit of cabin time--hard to believe how quickly summer has passed by...