Sunday, September 13, 2020

this and that ...

 


These bookmarks were stitched with variegated thread.  It's an old pattern from my files without the designer's name; however, I think it was a Christmas design for a band for a candle or candy/cookie jar.  And 'believe' whatever you want - that the chaos of 2020 will end, there is a Santa, etc.  These are gifts stitched in colours appropriate for the recipients. The red one is for a friend who is now in long term care - she always lamented that her bookmarks were not long enough - she liked them to stick out both ends of her books and she read hardback books - I used to tease her that she needed to read smaller books. ^^  She has limited use of her hands and that was the reason she liked longer bookmarks.



Louise Penny is my favourite author.  She is Canadian and lives in Quebec.  Her stories feature a fictitious village in rural Quebec with some eccentric characters.  Who wouldn't want to live there!  I have actually lived in a similar village with  eccentric characters in rural British Columbia and we always say it was our favourite place to live.  I can relate to her village and characters.




Look at these sunflowers!!  These are at the cabin - the ones in our town garden are even taller!  The seeds came from Veseys and I had no idea they would be this tall - they are magnificent!


don't believe everything you think

10 comments:

Ann said...

I like the bookmarks.
I've read books before where I feel like I know the settings.
Those are some tall sunflowers. They're a favorite.

Jenny said...

Lovely bookmarks, such a beautiful little gift for your friends. I'm a great reader, and like to use bookmarks too, but they sometimes go missing, then I have to resort to a folded piece of note paper till the bookmarks finally reappear!

Anonymous said...

bookmarks look lovely, and certainly won't get lost Inside a book ^^
We've had some really tall sunflowers this year too!
claire93

Susan Zarzycki said...

Nice bookmarks! I also read Louise Penny but don't have her latest book yet. So many good books to read and listen to on Kindle, yet I get hung up on YouTube and vlogs, lol.💖

Robin in Virginia said...

I think your bookmark design is by The Sampler Girl. They are darling, Kate. Your sunflowers are incredible. Well done. Thanks for the book recommendation. Enjoy your week!

Carol said...

Your longer bookmarks make a lot of sense, Kate--I'm sure they will be much appreciated. My old boss was a huge Louise Penny fan, too; I should give her a try. Having spent my growing up years in a small village in New York, I can attest to some mighty eccentric personalities :)

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful bookmarks and saying. The book sounds fun, would love to live in a small town, ours used to be like that.

Debbie

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely bookmarks, I have read books where I know the setting, it does add to the experience

Timi said...

The bookmarks are lovely gift for your friend!
The sunflower is reaaly big! It likes the place where you planted :)))

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I can't wait to read that book! Definitely one of my favorite authors too! Enjoy your day! Love the bookmarks!