Wednesday, September 23, 2020

what is that ...

 We closed the cabin on the weekend and I am content to be at home.  The first couple of days at home I was getting a whiff of something that I couldn't put my finger on.  At one point I asked my fella what is that smell - he couldn't smell it.  ^^  I checked everything I could think of even going outside to see if the smell was coming from there - all to no avail.  Then one evening the light bulb went on - could it be the apple cider vinegar I was using to trap the fruit flies - yes sirree, that's exactly what it was - and I must say it was doing an excellent job! 


August 1st I decided to start 'under doing it' - we so often 'over do' things.  It's a lot of 'doing' to go back and forth to the cabin and keep things taken care of at home -  there is never any enough time to do the things I want - always it's about doing what needs to be done.  This Lizzie Kate design seemed appropriate to stitch - I left out the flowers...






sometimes happiness is a feeling -
sometimes it's a decision

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Absolutely perfect sentiment! It’s always so hard to maintain two places. Simple is best.

Carol said...

I can't imagine having two homes to keep up, but I'm sure the cabin life brings you so much pleasure, Kate! Hope you have a relaxing fall!

Ann Thompson said...

That Apple cider works great for trapping fruit flies.
I like your stitching and the saying. The older I get the more I realize how important it is to do that

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your little pillow finish, Kate! Looks awesome without the stitched flowers! How can it be that time of year to close up your cabin? Enjoy the remaining days in September. Be good to yourself and stay well!

WoolenSails said...

I love the sentiment and trying to do that myself.

Debbie

Maya Kuzman said...

Love the pillow Kate and the saying couldn't be more accurate for me because I try to do exactly that!