Saturday, November 7, 2020

still here ...

 I've been doing more of what makes me happy which is why I've been absent -  I've been enjoying it - here's a sample of what I've been up to.    I turned a couple of favourite quilt blocks into cushion covers ...







Another one into a table mat ...





I finished some cross stitch into tags - this is one of them ...


I love these robins  - I think this is a Lesley Teare design.  

This one is a Lesley Teare design ....




There is a bit of a Christmas theme here - I love everything about Christmas - it brings me pleasure and tranquility.  


happiness is not the absence of problems -

it's the ability to deal with them

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Lovely new cushions and I always admire your cross stitching.

Ann said...

Love them all. There's nothing better than spending time doing things you love.

Robin in Virginia said...

Hi Kate! Lovely items you shared today. Well done on turning some quilt blocks into finished items. Your stitched robins are adorable.

Carol said...

That's what you should be doing in retirement, Kate--what makes you happy :) These are all so pretty--love the tiny tags and the quilted mat. I really need to get up my nerve and try making a tiny mat like that! Enjoy your week!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love pretty pillow covers and have made some in the past. Maybe I'll change mine up today. I'm stuck inside with a rainy blustery day!

WoolenSails said...

Those are wonderful and a great way to use quilted pieces. I really need to go through my things and see what I can finish or remake into something new.

Debbie

Maya Kuzman said...

I have never tried quilting but I thoroughly enjoy looking at quilters' work - your pillow is amazing!