Sunday, July 18, 2021

why . . .

 Have you ever asked yourself  why didn't I think of that?  I do it frequently.  Recently Maya had a blog post about yarn holders - see it for yourself - and my reaction was why didn't I think of that. I will be the first to admit that I love the yarn bowls that are available but cannot justify the price.    This is what I came up with -  it worked like a charm - to work on my most recent project (thanks Maya) . .



This summer has been a different one for me - it's extremely HOT and DRY, we haven't been spending a lot of time at the cabin and I'm not doing much handwork.  However, I did try my hand at Wild Rose Syrup and  Lemon Balm Mead - both are delicious  . . .






Some quotes that I like . . . 

knowledge is knowing that a tomato is  a fruit,

wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad


i have no particular talent, I'm just passionately curious (Einstein)


everything is possible - even the impossible (Mary Poppins)

 


8 comments:

Ann said...

Good idea with the basket. I'm always seeing clever ideas that people come up with and think, that's so simple why didn't I think of that.

Robin in Virginia said...

Super quotes, Kate! I love the tomato one. What a great use for the basket! Have a wonderful week.

Needled Mom said...

I’ll have to remember that tomato quote. Great idea for the yarn bowl!

Claire said...

love your tortoise basket - a great idea to repurpose it for knitting.

WoolenSails said...

I have a few bird baskets that I use on the holidays. We have been getting rain all day but I was glad since I just planted some new bushes.

Debbie

babYpose said...

Hi, love the idea for yarn bowl. Here i put keys or coins.

Maya Kuzman said...

My goodness, Kate! I am not sure how I missed this post! It did not appear in my feed and I am wondering what's going on...
THANK YOU so much for linking to my post and I am so happy to see you put that basket to a great use!!
I hope you and hubs are enjoying August. We are not! We are melting over here from the unbearable heat. One would think we are in the depths of Sahara, and not Europe. Climate change - I dread it!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love these quotes! And it's fun to use what you have for things you need!