Saturday, November 19, 2016

a Christmas unfinish ....

I haven't decided how I'm going to finish this one but most likely it will become a mini quilt or a cushion cover - it's a design by Theodora Cleave .    It was coffee stained to age it and I'd like to keep the wrinkles - it was something I worked on at the cabin.   I am very fond of Theodora Cleave designs. ^^



Just the other day when we were out and about we drove through a small town and I spotted a quilt shop - these are few and far between in our neck of the woods - and my fella promptly pulled into the first vacant parking spot.  ^^  Of course, I picked up a wee bit of fabric and this piece is what I think I'll use with the stitchery - it's not as pink as in the photo and the shades of red look good with the variegated red used for stitching.  I liked the prim look of it ....




I recently read the long range forecast for this winter - it's not good so here's hoping they're wrong.  They were wrong with most of the summer forecast so there is hope.   By the way we have no snow here yet. ^^

I'm linking up with Kathy's Quilts for some SSS. 

do the right thing even when no one is looking - it's called integrity

16 comments:

Carol said...

What a cute finish, Kate--the little snow people are adorable and I think the fabric that you've chosen will work perfectly :)

Sure hope they are wrong about a bad winter--at least it will be shorter than average given how long this fall weather has been warm!

Tangos Treasures said...

I love the snow people!! Perfect match on the fabric!!
Hope the weather stays good for you!

WoolenSails said...

That is really cute and her designs are fun to work on.

Debbie

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

pretty snow people ; so cute! We are having our first snow here this morning...though it's not going to accumulate much or anything.

Deb said...

Such a sweet stitchery I love the coffee staining and think the fabric choice is just perfect. I wish you a mild winter.

CathieJ said...

I love the primitive look of that embroidery. That fabric looks like a beautiful complement.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Very cute snow family, the coffee staining is a nice touch.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your stitching - winter so far for Arkansas sounds like it will be the same as usual - ups and downs - one day you have fall like weather the next winter! hard to adjust like that and it goes back and forth most the winter it seems! thanks for dropping by my blog I have just added you to my feedly reader so I can see what all you make

Robin in Virginia said...

What an adorable embroidery finish, Kate! I like the fabric you picked up for it on your adventure. Enjoy your day!

Sarah said...

Nice redwork, one of my favourite mediums!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your cute snow people have inspired the weather in my neck of the woods...cold and blowing snow here. I am going to go and make a cup of tea and do some handwork.

Anonymous said...

Love the design, and it looks good with the tea dye and wrinkles. That fabric is GREAT! I hope the quilt shop is close enough for you to shop there when you are looking for something!

Jennie in GA said...

I just love that adorable redwork design, and your new fabric choice is perfect!

Anthea said...

What a cute embroidery Kate, well done, love that thread... and I do believe your husband is a very thoughtful person to pull into the carpark, giving you some time for 'essential' shopping & browsing LOL.
That lovely fabric is a Helen Stubbings fabric, from a range called Life Is Beautiful.

Brigitte said...

No snow sounds good - to me at least :)
This stitchery design looks wonderful. And I think the fabric you found for the finishing is just perfect.
When we are driving around my husband detects a fabric store much earlier than I do. He seems to have the better antennae, lol.

Anonymous said...

I have yet to try redwork embroidery, but yours is lovely and the fabric will be perfect to finish it off