Saturday, November 26, 2016

a finish for Christmas ....

Here's a Christmas finish.  The pattern is from  Quilts by Cheri  I modified the size and used my favourite  fabrics - dropcloth, ticking, burlap plus a few other scraps. ^^  It was a fun make at the cabin this summer.


The other day when I was out for a walk I met up with a  chubby Jack Russell out on his own - his feet were cold - it was a busy street - he wouldn't come to me.  On my return he was nowhere in sight and I hoped for the best - I stopped in at the hardware store and there was the little fella - he'd gone that far and slipped in when the door opened and was recognized .... they were keeping him safe until his 'dad' showed up.  Aren't people wonderful?!  In the store the little fella came over to me and we introduced ourselves.  ^^

life is a one time offer .... use it well

7 comments:

Jenny said...

A great little finish, just in time for Christmas.

Needled Mom said...

Aww....cute finish and story.

Jeanette said...

Lovely finish. Glad the dog was safe & sound. Hugs,xx

WoolenSails said...

Love your little piece, perfect for the holidays.
What a cute story and glad he will be able to get back to his owner.

Debbie

Brigitte said...

Oh, such a beautiful little finish. I love things that are made with just what you have on hand. Very creative.
Such a nice story.

Maria said...

Such a lovely Christmas angel, Kate! So glad the little dog was reunited with his 'dad'; a lovely story.

Anonymous said...

I love your angel, and your Christmas story with a happy ending.