Monday, December 3, 2018

reversible ...

In my stash of WIPs I had two cute pieces the right size for candle mats so I put them together to make a reversible one.  The embroidered side reminded me of my friend K so I emailed her with a photo of it and asked if she would like it - she said yes (well, she could hardly say no could she?).  ^^   So once the mail is moving again I'll send it to her. 



This side has been grunged/antiqued and I'm not sure of the origin of the design - it could be a combination of designs.



Sunshine has been conspicuously lacking this autumn so when the weather man promised us 3 days of sunshine for over the weekend I was looking forward to it.  Hmmph, we had 3 days of fog instead - it was mild and the hoar frost was very pretty but really .....

your speed doesn't matter,
forward is forward 

13 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a super mat you created, Kate! We had fog here as well along with the dreariness.

Jenny said...

Very pretty, I'm sure your friend will love your little gift, stitched with love.

Ann Thompson said...

Oh I love this one. Such a cute embroidered piece

Timi said...

Reversible candle mat? That's a great idea! The reindeer is so cute!
We didn't have any sunshine either, just rain...again...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

She will love it! These are the best size for so many things! I use one to put my glasses on...in the same place so I can find them! lol Love the stitching! Hugs!

Chantal said...

Love the embroidered side of your candle mat. I mean the other side is nice too, but I find the design so cute. ;^)

Maria said...

A lovely candle mat, Kate! Our weather of course is heating up especially as Dec 1 is the first day of Summer...

Stephanie said...

Oh, how charming! Both sides are ever so cute! Enjoy your week, lovely lady! Hugs!

Rachel said...

Very sweet finish, I love that it's reversible!

Michelle Ridgway said...

It's lovely Kate and sure to be treasured by your friend x

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great idea to make it reversible, your friend is very lucky to receive such a great gift.

Maya Kuzman said...

SO beautiful and practical at the same time Kate! The design is wonderful - this is an amazing gift!

Susan said...

I LOVE the stitched side, though the star is nice, too. That is a design I would love to make.