Tuesday, March 12, 2019

warming up ...


Today the temperature actually reached +6C and there was sunshine - yeppers, water was running here and there and it was a beautiful day! 




I've been racking my brain trying to come up with something to share.  Do you really want to hear about doing my taxes or the friend who is ill in hospital or the weather that is slow to warm up or the raging cabin fever, etc.  I haven't been doing much needlework either - I did stitch one piece that was such a pretty design but I'm not pleased with how it turned out - completely my fault not the fault of the chart.  There, I did find something to talk about but there needs to be an accompanying photo - didn't take one of the delicious curried carrot soup that I made  nor of the yummy lemon butter or the English muffin bread. So how about the knitted square I made last month - I'm not a knitter although my mom taught me to knit at an early age  - and many years ago I knitted my toddler a fisherman knit pullover.  This square intrigued me and I wanted to see if I could do it - it's a better looking heart for real than it looks in the photo  - the best part is that I want to do more knitting now ...



having a soft heart in a cruel world
is courage, not weakness 

 

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Even a few extra degrees is so nice, and nice to get rid of the bitter cold.
That is a wonderful heart piece. Years ago I did designs with needle work and also made doilies with designs, but it is time consuming.

Debbie

Ann said...

I can relate to not having anything to blog about which is why I posted about doing my taxes yesterday...lol
I like the knitted square. I never could get the hang of knitting

Irene said...

che bello il cuore a maglia Kate!

Robin in Virginia said...

We have had a couple spring like days here as well, Kate. Your little knit block looks super.

Stephanie said...

Your little square is just darling! And oh, don't you love it when the days start to warm up?! We've had a few sprinkg-like days and a lot of snow melted. Sorry to hear about your friend in the hospital...

Hugs to you!

Needled Mom said...

I am so ready for spring here. Your red heart looks nice.

Clare-Aimetu said...

It feels great when the warmth comes, even better when it stays. Lovely heart.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The heart is very sweet. And I agree...once you start working at something, you get in the mood to do it even more. I taught myself to knit and crochet and never learned very well! Hope that sun stays out and warms things up! Hugs!

Carol said...

So glad the weather is turning, Kate! It is nearly 70 here today, but will be back to freezing this weekend. Oh well--a little taste of spring is better than nothing :) English Muffin bread sounds amazing! And your little heart patch is so sweet in that pretty red ♥