Friday, March 29, 2019

some silliness ...

A few of us helped a wonderful lady celebrate her 82nd birthday -  if I should be half as sharp as she is when I'm that age I'll consider myself very lucky.  Along with birthday cake, ice cream, pink champagne and party favours we had lots of fun.  There were lollipop flowers for everyone and a corsage for the birthday girl.  







The lollipop flowers are called daisy dum dums - I think dum dums are a lollipop which isn't available in our neck of the woods - actually I couldn't find lollipops of any kind in the stores - I checked them all and expected to at least find tootsie pops - fortunately a neighbour had some of these lollipops on hand and donated them to the cause.  ^^  Repeat Crafter Me is the designer of the daisy dum dums and the corsage is a design by Teri Crewes .



shoot for the moon,
even if you miss, you'll land among the stars 

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

The lollipop flowers are very cool. What a pretty corsage you created! It sounds like it was a fabulous birthday celebration for your friend. Enjoy your weekend, Kate!

Carol said...

I'm sure you made her day, Kate! The flowers are so cute and it sounds like a delightful party :)

Jenny said...

How nice to be remembered on her special day, I'm sure your friend had a birthday to remember!

Sandra said...

Lindo. Bom fim de semana.

Ann said...

Sounds like she had a nice birthday celebration. Cute favors. I haven't bought lollipops in ages, now I wonder if they still have them in the stores

Maya Kuzman said...

What a lovely birthday she had thanks to caring friends! Love the lollies! I had something similar made for my daughter's Valentine's party eaons ago (she was born on Valentine's)but our butterflies weren't crocheted ones - we made them from paper.

Anthea said...

What a fun way to celebrate the birthday Kate... love the corsage idea & the lollipop flowers... it's good to mark these times with a good bit of fun!