Tuesday, September 10, 2019

fall is here ...

I enjoy the fall and would like it to linger - I love the colour, the fragrance, the coolness.

  In town there was a plague of grasshoppers this summer  - they ate everything, even rhubarb leaves and apparently tomatoes as well - I'm glad I grew my tomatoes at the cabin - there are still quite a few grasshoppers around.  There was also an abundance of crickets in town - I've never seen so many nor such large ones.  Fortunately, at the cabin we had neither grasshoppers nor crickets - actually there were very few bugs of any sort - no doubt due to the extreme dry conditions - we didn't mind that there were no mosquitoes.  ^^

Now that the it rained it just keeps on - poor timing for anyone harvesting - the rain is soaking into the ground and none of it is bringing up the levels of the rivers and lakes.  At the cabin we have water some days and don't have it others so it's an interesting fall.

Here are a couple of Lizzie Kate designs I stitched this summer - the doggy one is backed with an animal print and a coffee print on the other ...






every morning is a fresh start - 
wake up with a thankful heart

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Both of your stitches are sweet, Kate! I really like them both and how you have finished them as well. I need to see if I have the coffee one. The dog one was stitched and framed a few years back. Hope the rain fizzles so the farmers can take care of their harvesting.

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful stitcheries and fun sayings. I notice a lot of holes in trees and plants this year, so maybe it was crickets. Bugs are the worst this year with the humidity and rain.

Debbie

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate beautiful work,well done ,we are in Spring here but it still feels like Winter xx

Ann said...

Love the stitching. Glad you didn't have the bug problem. I wonder what attracted all the crickets and grasshoppers.

Carol said...

Such cute finishes, Kate! So happy the grasshoppers and crickets didn't venture out to your cabin. Our area had a plague of locusts in certain spots--fortunately, our yard wasn't one of them :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We have lots of big grasshoppers and dragonflies right now. And yesterday, I got into some love bugs which smash onto the windshield when you drive! LOVE the coffee stitching! We love our coffee around here...sounds good right now!

Maya Kuzman said...

To be honest Kate, I am still not ready for fall. Maybe because my city is heavily polluted during the winter months, I dread the colder months and would love if summer could linger some more....

Anthea said...

Hi Kate, oh those darned bugs can be so destructive! That said, it must be quite the sight, to see them in such numbers. Glad your cabin gardens were spared.
Beautiful seasonal stitching as always x