Sunday, October 20, 2019

the tree ...

This is the autumn tree ...


Here's an update on the bizarre snowstorm -  the ground is still warm and there hasn't been a hard frost yet so roadways and lawns with a small amount of snow cleared off very quickly ... a good thing for those who had to travel.  The snowdrifts and windrows took a bit longer to disappear.  Power was restored quite quickly in most areas but some areas had extreme damage with power poles and transmission towers toppled - it's a good thing it hasn't been cold.  Now flooding is a concern - an autumn flood is almost unheard of  since it's usually a problem in the spring.  It's been a crazy year for weather - spring and summer arrived on the same day and looks like autumn and winter did the same.  My favourite seasons are spring and autumn so it's disappointing for me.  

Anyway, onward and upward - I've located the Christmas cards, made a list and checked it twice made a list of baking that I want to do for the holiday season and another list of  ingredients that I need.  Back in the day I would have my cards addressed and the fruit cake baked by the end of October (snow or not) plus have a lot of the shopping done - how times change as we age.  ^^


give thanks for unknown blessings
already on their way



7 comments:

Chantal said...

Glad to hear you have the power back. I love your tree. It's a great idea. Do have it all year round with different decos on it? I have a mind to make one for me. Thanks for the inspiration. ;^)

Jenny said...

Your tree is delightful, so nice and seasonal. Just the thing for Christmas too, I imagine, hung with your pretty little Christmas things.

Ann said...

What a nice tree for displaying your stitching.

Anonymous said...

that's lovely Kate!
it makes me want to sit by the fire and roast chestnuts ^^

Claire93 (posting "anonymously" because blogspot is too much hassle otherwise)

Robin in Virginia said...

Kate, I love your tree! Glad your power has been restored!

Sandy In Montana said...

Glad your powers back on and that the snow didn't stick much, we've had crazy weather here in Montana as well. Loved seeing my "Spooky Nights" design on your stitching tree. Hugs, Sandy

Susan said...

I heard about that freaky storm! I'm glad it wasn't hard on you, and maybe you will still get an Indian summer-fall. Ours has been weird, but not as much as yours!