Sunday, October 27, 2019

thinking of you ...


Over the summer I stitched a few small, simple designs to use as cards.  One that I really like is this lily of the valley by Luli and I like stitching it in a single colour.   I've used this design for lavender sachets quite frequently.  



This card is for a neighbour - she is 88 (we confessed ages one day when we were wishing the most gentlemanly of gentlemen a happy 95th ^^) -  a classy lady who is very pleasant and has a good sense of humour - she's a sweetheart.     The second anniversary of her husband's death is very soon and I know she still misses him very much - so I thought this might be a nice 'thinking of you' card.

The envelope is made from gift wrap - I find it easy to work with ... it's very forgiving and the creases iron out of it.  ^^  I tore the edges for a different look.



may love be what
you remember the most

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely card you created for you neighbor, Kate! I know she will appreciate your thoughts and kindness.

Maya Kuzman said...

This is such a fabulous idea Kate, very meaningful. Like giving away a small art piece that can be framed and treasured!

Ann said...

What a wonderful card and I'm sure it will brighten your neighbors day

Timi said...

It's a very lovely gift!!!

Susan said...

Not only is the card lovely, but so are you for thinking of her.

Carol said...

That is so sweet, Kate--I know she will appreciate it. And the gift wrap envelope is a great idea--will have to remember that :)