Wednesday, November 13, 2019

after all ...

I was sorting through my Christmas things deciding what I was going to use this year so that I could make sure the items were clean and pressed - that's when I discovered this cushion band.  I remember making it but didn't think I still had it.  Having put away the autumn cushion cover this band is just what's needed till it's time to dress for Christmas ...




By the way, the tartan throw in the background is the Maple Leaf Tartan 
which is Canada's official tartan.


This cutie was found at the 'thrift' store - would you believe it was only 25 cents  - including the candle - somehow or other it found it's way home with me ^^





I made a few of these paw prints for animal loving friends - hang them on a tree - use them for package tie-ons - you'll find the pattern here ...



there's no such thing in anyone's life
as an unimportant day

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Those paw print ornaments are adorable, Kate! I really like the band wrap around the pillow; lovely verse! The colors in your plaid throw are gorgeous. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Timi said...

It's a pretty cushion band! And I love the tartan throw!!!

Ann said...

I love that cushion band. That's a really great idea. You can use the same pillow all year long but give it a new look for different seasons and holidays.

Carol said...

Unexpected finds make for such sweet surprises! The wrap is perfect--love the sentiment on it, too. And what a beautiful tartan :)

WoolenSails said...

The band is beautiful and a nice way to change a pillow without doing a whole top.
I love going to thrifts at the holidays, fun to find new things and not spend much.

Debbie

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh, it's amazing how small simple things can beautify our lives! Don't you agree Kate!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Very pretty band and such sweet poppies in the last post. I also like that crocheted paw for the tree and finding bargains at thrift stores. We share many interests!

Needled Mom said...

I like the idea of bands on the cushions. Your very clever to get the Christmas items out and ready.