Sunday, November 17, 2019

working on ....

I've been working on Christmas - the card for overseas was the first finish and I showed it in this post .  This one was stitched a while ago but only just received the final finish - finished like a pin keep - stitched with variegated red (DMC 115, a favourite of mine) .....



  I crocheted these wreaths because I could - I was curious how they'd look - they're kinda cute.  I used some round shower curtain hooks for the base - yes, I was desperate -  the pattern is simple with either HDC (half double crochet) or DC (double crochet) to cover the ring - make sure the number of stitches is divisible by three - the next round is some combination of SC (single crochet), HDC (half double crochet) and DC (double crochet)  in a stitch and skip a stitch - just make up your own design.  I worked DC on the wreath with the red baubles and HDC on the other one - only difference is the size of the wreath.





I was going to write about some of the strange things I experienced during the full moon last week but you likely have your own stories so I'll just say this ...


some people are like clouds -
when they disappear, 
it's a beautiful day



7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Kate, your crocheted wreaths are just adorable. I remember my Gram made us each one of these to wear (she added a safety pin to the back)on our coats during the month of December. Now, I am wondering where they went. Thanks for the memory! The round with the reindeer stitch is sweet!

Gabriella said...

Very adorable creations. Ciao !

Jenny said...

Very pretty indeed! Christmas is coming up fast, isn't it.

Ann said...

Everything looks great. I've used the shower curtain rings for crochet also. I mostly used them when I made sheep ornaments but I think I also did a wreath.

Needled Mom said...

Those are such great ornaments. Love the wreaths on shower curtain rings.

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful pieces and something they can treasure every year. I bought card stock to make cards, one of these years I will do some.

Debbie

Timi said...

Those wreaths are so cute!!!