Friday, December 27, 2019

hmm ....

I couldn't think of a good title which doesn't show much promise for this being an interesting post.  ^^  I had typed a rant about Christmas nowadays but decided not to use it - quite possibly you have your own rant about how the celebration of Christmas has changed - this year it seemed to be all about the selling/buying of stuff - where were the Christmas tunes and the goodwill.


Our Christmas is usually quiet - we haven't spent it with family for 20 years.  This year a neighbour called in with her wee doggie for a visit on the 24th and on the 25th another neighbour called in for a visit - we enjoyed both visits.  The best visit was on Christmas Day when we 'Skyped' with our son and daughter-in-law who live in Europe.

I stitched this one awhile back and finally did the finish.  It's a design by Lynn B at Happiness is Cross Stitching - I've stitched several of her mini cats...







if you're ever feeling lonely
just look at the moon
someone, somewhere is looking at it too

4 comments:

Ann said...

You are correct, I do have my own rant about how Christmas has changed. We've talked about it at work and it's not just me that sees how different it is now. Sometimes change is good but in my opinion, not in this case.
Sounds like you had a nice day any way. I like your stitched piece, very cute.

Robin in Virginia said...

I'll take a spot on your Christmas rant wagon. Wishing you peaceful remaining days in 2019.

WoolenSails said...

I hear you, I am about to give up on Christmas and celebrating it, just too commercial and it seems to make more people upset, than filled with the joy of the season. The boys are what keep me going, they bring the joy for me. Definitely want to rethink for next year. Love your kitty piece.

Debbie

Carol said...

Your little finish is darling, Kate and I like the way you spent your Christmas. I felt good taking our Christmas dinner up to my in-laws in their assisted living home and was happy that we made their day a bit brighter. I guess that is the true Christmas spirit :) Happy New Year to you!