Sunday, February 9, 2020

a struggle ...

It's a struggle to minimalize my clothes!  Just the other day I took all my fella's clothing from three drawers and asked him to choose what to keep and what to donate - in a flash he had a huge donate pile - what the heck!?!?!?!  I can't do that - I dither.  I have reduced my wardrobe considerably but have not been as ruthless as he. Can I blame Marie Kondo - the Japanese organizing guru - she tells how to fold the clothing in your drawers so you can see everything at a glance - problem is that using this method means you can fit more in the drawers - she also says if something doesn't bring you joy, toss it out - but it might bring me joy today and not tomorrow or vice versa. ^^ 
  Courtney  has lots of good ideas for minimalizing - I've tried some - they work - I continue to try her suggestions for my clothing.  Don't get the wrong idea - I don't have loads of clothing - I just know that I don't need all that I have even though everything fits.  So far, I've been ruthless with the linens and am down to the bare essentials - the same with dishes and baking pans and stationery items.  The other area that I continue to struggle with is fabric and craft supplies - I'm working on it.   

It was challenging to find a photo to use for this post so I chose this one - I like it - some are offended and some aren't - tells a lot about one's sense of humour.  It's a design by  Kell .






if i chose to keep only what brings me joy 
i'd be at the side of the road with my dog and the coffee pot




6 comments:

Ann said...

LOL, I love the stitching and I think it's perfect for this post. I have a hard time getting rid of things. Clothes that don't fit I don't want to get rid of because I like them and I might fit in them again. As for craft supplies, that is downright impossible.

Needled Mom said...

It’s the same way at our house. I struggle....he dumps!

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the quote at the end of your post! I like the stitch you shared and it was a good one for this post. My fella is the opposite; he hates to get rid of anything. Have a good Monday, Kate!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I find it difficult to throw clothes out because I wear them for so long. Black never goes out of fashion! Neither do plaid shirts.
But what I do instead is only buy new clothes to replace a worn out item.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitching haha .... never easy to sort out, our attic is horrendous!

Maya Kuzman said...

Well, Marie would certainly get a stroke if she were to see my wardrobe. I am an old soul. I love vintage clothes. I have a huge pile of clothes from both my grandmas, even my hub's grandma and my mom's too, that I just do not want to part with. They are still wearable and must say the quality of the fabric in the past cannot be compared with the loads of c*appy clothes (pardon my French!)that are offered on the market today. Recently, my daughter wore a jacket of my mom's and impressed everyone at the party she was attending!