Wednesday, February 12, 2020

all you need is love ...




Those of us from a certain generation will remember this song very well.  ^^  This is a Lizzie Kate design that I took creative licence with.  Do you see the button at the top right corner - it's a wee yo-yo/suffolk puff  that looks better than in the photo.

So, January was the mildest on record and one of the cloudiest - it wasn't just our imagination.  I didn't mind the mild temps. and I'm getting used to the cloud somewhat.

However, an Arctic blast blew through overnight and whilst today is sunny it is a wee  bit chilly.  Chilly enough that I emptied the chest freezer and put it all out on the patio whilst I defrosted it - I've been waiting for just such a day - best part is there is another big check mark on my to do list!  ^^




if you want to clean less,
own less

8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Very sweet! I like the idea of cleaning the freezer like that. Guess I need one of those days.

Ann said...

I do remember that song and I'll likely be humming it all morning :) I've done that before with putting things outside while defrosting a freezer.
We got a blast of winter over night and it's quite white out this morning

Maya Kuzman said...

You always have to most imaginative needlepoint projects to show us Kate! It looks fantastic!

Jenny said...

All you need is love, by the Beatles of course. I'm quite old enough to remember that song. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your DH, have a lovely day.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Cute pillow finish. I'm glad that you call them Suffolk Puffs as that is where I live. A crafter from Norwich tried to tell me they were Norfolk Puffs, oh no!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a sweet stitch you shared, Kate! Hope you have a good week!

Carol said...

Oh, yes--that was a big part of our growing up years :) Very cute finish, Kate!

Sounds like your weather is the same as ours--mild, but oh, so cloudy! When the sun does manage to shine, it gives the house a whole new feel--and I love it!

Timi said...

What a lovely little pillow!