Tuesday, February 18, 2020

pinterest success ...

I saw a tissue box cover like this on Pinterest - no pattern but it looked fairly straight forward - I actually like the style.  I've had a cube box of tissues for ages planning on making a cover for it but I never found one that said "make me" until this one. 



Then I decided a matching fabric tray might be a good idea.



A matching set would make a useful but attractive gift that doesn't take up much room - ideal for my aunt who lives in a personal care home.




And the tissue box could sit in the tray if the tray wasn't needed. 




I've also made these trays from x-stitch pieces ....


The bottom tray was made with quilt batting and interfacing was used for the top one - they can be made any size you want and as deep as you want.

it's not what you look at that matters -
it's what you see

7 comments:

Ann said...

Very nice. That's a unique style on the tissue box cover. I've never seen one like that.

Robin in Virginia said...

Very clever, Barbara! I really like that style of tissue box cover.

kupton52 said...

This is the nicest tissue box cover I've seen...hint hint....could you be persuaded to share your pattern? Puh-leeeeeese? The dragonfly fabric is gorgeous. Well done!

Carol said...

Wow! That turned out great, Kate--I'm so impressed that you were able to do that without a pattern. Love the trays, too! What a good idea to incorporate some of your stitching!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great idea. I am impressed that you could make it just from a photo. The little tray matches perfectly and I love the dark fabric.

Needled Mom said...

That's a great idea. I'm sure she will love it.

Timi said...

I love Pinterest, too! So many good ideas in one place :o)