Monday, February 8, 2021

a confession . . .

 


Last month I did not finish a book that I'd started.  It turned out to be a collection of short stories - the first was quite good but the next couple were off the wall, so to speak, and I didn't waste any more time on it.   I started this one and what a fabulous read it was!  There is a sequel to it that I'm hoping to come across.  




Once again I'm working on downsizing the pantry and freezer - I started this a year ago and then the grocery shelves emptied for several weeks because of the pandemic panic buying  -  I quit using up everything since I couldn't replace anything when needed.  It's nice to walk into the pantry now and see empty space and to have space in the freezer again.  ^^

It's bitterly COLD just now but the sun is shining for which we're grateful.   You don't want to know what the windchill value is - really, you don't - it makes us appreciate being retired and able to stay home.  Perhaps this Arctic Vortex is payback for the mild winter we've had so far.  


an idea from homeroad.net



happiness is not a destination - 

it's the journey



11 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Life is too short to read books that you are not enjoying but Jeffrey Archer always spins a good yarn. Good work with cleaning out your pantry and freezer, I am trying to do that, too, as we are moving house soon but TraderVic (the good Italian boy that he is) keeps buying more pasta and tomato passata! lol!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thank you for posting you didn't finish a book. What a relief to read!
A much recommended book last summer turn out to be a romance novel. Not my genre, I gave it away. Now I pay more attention, and read by author.

Ann Thompson said...

There have been lots of books that I haven't finished. If it doesn't grab me within the first couple chapters I'm done with it

Chantal said...

I love Jeffrey Archer. Don't waste time on boring stories. There are too many good books out there. ;^)

Robin in Virginia said...

Your hearts are darling, Kate! There are too many books out there to waste time on something not enjoyable. Happy Tuesday!

Maya Kuzman said...

As I am ageing, I have become pickier with books. And it has happened to me as well, to leave a book unfinished. In the past I would have forced myself through it, but now, time is too precious to spend on things that cloud my mind rather than enlighten it.
Love your hearts!

Jenny said...

I love reading too, but if the story doesn't grab my attention in the first chapter or so, out it goes!

Carol said...

I give a book 50 pages and if it's not interesting me, I close it right back up, Kate! I'm doing the same thing with our freezer right now--really is a good feeling to see it emptying out :) Stay warm now!

Needled Mom said...

I once read a 650 page book thinking the whole time it would get better. It never did, but I now have no guilt putting one down is if does not catch my attention quickly.

You can come do my pantry and freezer next!

Stay inside and warm. It is brutally cold in some places.

Clare-Aimetu said...

If it isn't entertaining you then it isn't worth your time - be that reading, film watching, stitching, in fact anything ... life is too short and there are so many other things to do.

Susan Zarzycki said...

I rarely give up on a book, depending on how much I paid for it, but there are times I start another and the mediocre one sits waiting for me to get back to it. I have read Jeffrey Archer and he has never disappointed me.💖